There’s an old adage that you’ll probably hear about investing: that your portfolio’s allocation to stocks should be 100 minus your age. For example, if you are a 70-year-old retiree, you should have a portfolio that is 30% stocks with the remaining 70% in bonds and cash.
The intricacies, complexities, risks, and time-consuming activities involved in investing can scare some folks away. If you’re looking to save and invest but you don’t want to spend all of your time checking out the stock market, buying and selling, then a systematic investment plan (SIP) may be just what you’re looking for. In fact, you might already be using such a plan without realizing it.